Around Halloween, I wrote about my True Blood party, but tackling New Moon is a whole different beast (sorry for the pun, Team Jacob members). The Twilight Saga: New Moon hits theaters this Friday and the excitement is palpable. This film is beyond a trend, it's a phenomenon. There are so many awesome resources out there for throwing a howling New Moon party, and here are five of my favorites:
1. Hostess Blog New Moon Printables and Twilight DVD release party details: Jen at Hostess with Mostess has created free printables in two color schemes to represent the original black, red and white from the New Moon book art and new evergreen and woodland hues from the New Moon movie previews and posters. Both designs capture the essence of the book perfectly, and feature pivotal quotes. They would make awesome decor if framed and used on your party tablescape.
2. A New Moon Playlist from Stephenie Meyer: Stephenie Meyer created a beautifully thought out play list based on the characters emotions in the book. Who better to associate the characters perspectives with songs than the creator of the characters herself? My favorite is Stephenie's association with 'The Scientist' by Coldplay from Edward's heart-braking point of view. Burn these songs to a CD and you'll have yourself an instant party soundtrack.
3. Team Edward vs. Team Jacob Cupcakes from Sweet Avenue: These amazing cupcakes are the perfect inspiration for New Moon sweets. It may be difficult to replicate these printed cupcakes at home, but use them as a jumping off point for creating your own tempting treats. Think of dark, devil's food cupcakes with rich chocolate ganache and drizzled with red 'blood' icing. Or, to be more appropriate for members of your pack, consider spice cupcakes frosted to look like a wolf.
4. Twilight Inspired Invitations: Think woodland chic for your New Moon premiere party. This Secret Passage invitation features a scene hauntingly similar to the forest atmosphere described so well in New Moon.
5. Etsy Twilight Finds: This New Moon Collection of pins by manhandled would make great party favors for vamps and werewolves alike. The collection features adorable Twilight references like 'I Drive like a Cullen' and 'LaPush Cliff Diving Team'. If your New Moon party is in honor of a birthday and gifts are in order, consider these New Moon inspired jewels: a Lion and Lamb silver cuff by BrighidsForge and a Twilight definition pendent by hellobrowneyes.
And for party attire, look no further than the New Moon stars themselves. The images above are of Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Dakota Fanning at the New Moon premiere this past week and they all look supernaturally elegant. Look for inspiration in their sleek dark suits and glamorous gowns and you really can't go wrong. Image Source: Mail Online and Starpulse.
I hope everyone enjoys New Moon this weekend and that all you twi-hards are not disappointed in any way with this epic story coming to life on the silver screen. Let me know in a comment below, are you TEAM EDWARD or TEAM JACOB? Or, perhaps you're neutral like Switzerland?
Tweet with me @genreilly