Whether you're moving across the city or across the country, moving annoucements are the perfect way to let your friends + family know where you are. Recently, me and my husband Vince purchased our first new home (yay!) and we'll be sending out cute little announcements this week. Our pick is New Address Key, but we've got tons of super cute moving announcements so it was a really hard decision.
Moving is always a bit of a stressful process; all the packing involved (and wondering where we've accumulated so much junk stuff that somehow fits in our little apartment), setting up appointments, and gathering moving materials. Since relocating to Tampa 4 years ago, we've moved every year so by this point, I consider myself a veteran mover! Over the years, I've definitely gotten the moving process down to a science and wanted to share my tips to make moving as painless and stress-free as possible!
When moving, make sure to:
1. Finalize the moving date + time
2. If living in a multi-unit building, reserve an elevator
3. Schedule a moving truck and arrange movers (or willing friends and family) to help you load and unload
4. Arrange for electric and cable set up
5. Gather boxes and moving materials (some local stores will give free boxes, all you have to do is ask!)
6. For breakable items, try padding them using items you have to pack anyway such as towels or blankets
7. Label each packed box with the room where it needs to go; this will aid in the unpacking process and give movers direction
8. Have waters and snacks on hand for you and the movers, especially in the summertime!
Have any tips you've used while moving? Let us know!