Summertime is upon us and wedding season is in full swing. Each wedding is different, but every time I'm invited to a wedding, I plan out what to wear in advance (it's a girl thing). Living in Florida, I've attended my fair share of southern weddings, and as a guest, you always want to make sure to dress for the occasion. Here are my five favorite things to have for a preppy southern wedding. Enjoy!
1. Pearls: When adding jewelery, think classic and chic. Pearls are the perfect preppy choice. Our very own Kaity chose pearls for her wedding and you can see more beautiful photos from her Fab*Bride post.
2. Party Shoes: As some weddings are outdoors, make sure to choose appropriate footwear. These Nina wedges cute, comfortable and come in a variety of colors.
3. Dress: Think simple and sophisticated. Summer fabric favorites are silk chiffon or lightweight linen dresses.
4. Sunglasses: Be prepared for sun and bring your best pair.
5. A Fan: Southern summers are hot! Be prepared and bring a small fan!
1. Accessories: For a preppy wedding, the best "guy" accessories can include pocket squares, monogrammed shirts, or argyle socks.
2. Bowtie: Skip the traditional tie and opt for a perfectly preppy bowtie. Check out Kaity's wedding party!
3. Suit: A seersucker suit is a great option. It's preppy and definitely wedding worthy!
4. Shoes: Choose oxfords or loafers to complete your look.
5. Sunglasses: Just like the ladies, bring sunglasses to avoid squinting in photos.
Having your own southern wedding? Check out our wedding invitations!